In the context of a donation by Margrave Leopold III, an altar of Mary is mentioned in a document.
On 12 June, the foundation stone for the abbey church is laid
Leopold III brings the Augustinian canons, headed by Provost Hartmann, to Klosterneuburg
On 29 September, the abbey church is consecrated by Archbishop Konrad
Margravine Agnes presents a particularly valuable item to the collegiate church: the giant seven armed candelabra.
On 15 November Leopold III dies (probably in a hunting accident)
The Verdun Altar is completed
On 13 September, a great fire breaks out at the abbey
The "Tutzsäule" monument (a Lantern of the Dead at the cemetery on Stiftsplatz) is erected
On 6 January, Margrave Leopold III is canonised by Pope Innocent VIII in Rome
Babenberg family tree (now displayed at the abbey museum)
On 15 February, the remains of St. Leopold are removed (translation of his relics)
First Siege of Vienna by the Ottoman Empire. The canons flee to Passau
The first Leopold pfennigs are coined under Provost Balthasar Polzmann
On 15 November, Archduke Maximilian endows the Austrian Archducal Hat to Klosterneuburg Abbey
until 1645. First period of the Baroque refurbishment of the abbey church
Johannes Freundt completes his masterpiece, the Baroque organ
Leopold is named patron saint of Lower and Upper Austria.
Second period of the Baroque refurbishment of the abbey church
Second Siege of Vienna by the Ottoman Empire. The canons flee to Ranshofen and Passau, only Wilhelm Lebsafft and Marzellin Ortner stay at Klosterneuburg.
Construction of the giant barrel (set up today at the Binderstadl barn)
The Veil Monstrance is acquired on the occasion of the 600-year jubilee of the laying of the church's foundation stone
The canons exchange their white habit for a black one
until 1730. Third period of Baroque refurbishment of the abbey church
until 1740. Based on plans by architect Donato Felice d'Allio following the model of the Escorial in Spain, a new Baroque building is constructed under Emperor Charles VI
The abbey museum is founded under Provost Ambros Lorenz
On 20 April, Pope Pius VI visits Klosterneuburg Abbey
The town of Floridsdorf (today one of Vienna's districts), named after Provost Floridus Leeb, is founded
The philosophical-theological abbey school is built
The Capella speciosa at the Stiftsplatz is torn down
The Albrecht Altar is transferred to Klosterneuburg Abbey (now displayed at the Chapel of St Sebastian)
until 1806. First occupation by the French troops. On 20 December 1805, Napoleon visits the abbey
Second occupation by the French troops
The tradition of Fasslrutschen (sliding down the huge barrel) is first mentioned in a document
Provost Gaudenz Dunkler permitted the Viennese suburb of New-Meidling to be constituted as an independent municipality. Stift Klosterneuburg had manorial rights over the area. In gratitude for this, the new town took the name “Gaudenzdorf”, or “Gaudenz Village”.
Provost Gaudenz Dunkler was one of the founding fathers of the “Imperial and Royal Mutual Privileged Fire Damage Insurance”, which was founded in 1824 and developed into the Vienna City Mutual Insurance Group and then later, the Vienna Insurance Group.
Founding of the winery school
The hitherto unknown painter Egon Schiele participates in an art exhibition at the abbey
The church music department at the Royal-Imperial Academy for Music and Performing Arts at Klosterneuburg is built
Pius Parsch founds the Popular Liturgical Movement
until 1945. Confiscation of Klosterneuburg Abbey by the Nazis
The biomass heating plant starts operation
The Sala terrena is opened as a new visitor reception area